||Web-mapping extends the expertise of the GIS department across an organization without the need for specialist training. The user-interfaces of these systems are intuitive and generally designed for non-GIS business users. The functionality available in a web-mapping system can be increased (or decreased) depending on the requirements.
By providing a GIS via SaaS (Software as a Service) there are quicker implementation time-frames, lower ongoing operating costs and updates can be supplied with little or no impact to the user. Any web-mapping solutions should provide the following:
- Quick Deployment
- Intuitive User Interface
- Users may not be GIS professionals, therefore interface needs to be easy to understand and navigate
- Low Maintenance
- SaaS - Software as a Service
- Hosted by a third party, in the case of Stratus - Pitney Bowes Software
- Off-the shelf application
- Integrates with Existing Websites
- Easy to customize
- Data Flexibility and Security
- Able to update easily and securely
MapInfo Stratus is the web-mapping solution from Pitney Bowes Software, Apogee Data Consulting has Stratus Certification and as such is licensed to resell the Stratus web-mapping solutions to our clients. Click here for more information.